Focusing on the future of the financial sector, the 5th edition of East Africa Finance Summit is set to take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from April 28-29, 2022, the organizers said.
This year’s summit is organized with the theme of “Reshaping the Future of Finance Sector in the Age of Disruption”, according to i-Capital, which has been organizing the annual summit. This year’s summit mainly focuses on the developments, trends, challenges in the financial sector of the largest market in East Africa – Ethiopia, according to the draft agenda.
The organizers stated that the event “will facilitate unparalleled networking and business matching, providing a catalyst for investments partnerships, business growth, and development in propitious of the East African finance sector”.
The East Africa Finance Summit is a platform with power-packed networking opportunities by creating a multilateral dialog among leading Industry experts, researchers, bankers, executives, and entrepreneurs, among others.
The major topics expected to be covered during the upcoming summit are:
• Prospects of future development in the Ethiopian Finance Sector: Regulation and; De-regulation
• Capital Market: What’s in it for the Finance Companies
• Collaborations between Finance Companies and FinTech: What is the best win-win approach?
• Independence of the Insurance Industry Governance
• Digital ID for Financial Inclusion
• Global trends in the Sub-Saharan Finance Sector
• Potentials and Challenges of IFB and Takaful in Ethiopia
• Impact of instability and; Covid-19 on the finance sector: What should be the recovery plan?
• Trends and prospects of mobile money in Ethiopia: Lessons from the region
• The need to diversify insurance products and innovation in Ethiopia
• Re-examining systems for remittance inflows and money transfer markets
• Global practices and prospect for green finance in East Africa
• Balancing access of correspondent banking and; national interests
• From microfinance to banks: How is the transition, what does it need, and is it necessary? What are the best practices?
• Specialized Banking Service: Is there space for it?
• Opening up Ethiopia’s finance sector: Challenges & Opportunities
• Alternative Financing Solutions for Startup Businesses and; Innovators
Aimed at shaping the future of the finance sector, the East Africa Finance Summit also engages fintech providers, policymakers, and government officials from across the value chain to foster collaboration, discuss current challenges, business opportunities, develop market strategies, share knowledge, and identify solutions, according to i-Capital.
Founded in 2015, i-Capital are a professional services firm offering a full range of human capital development solutions to clients in various sectors.